Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


A nice collection of songs for the Hallmark holiday. Got some sex jams to start things off followed by a bunch of break up songs. Heavy on soul, but tracks veer into psychedelic territory here and there, and I've even included a hard rock cut from my favorite Anarchists, the Edgar Broughton Band. Truthfully, I don't know if the Eduardo Arujo & Silvinha, 'Opanige', has anything to do with love. It's just here because it's sexy.

1. Cleveland Wrecking Co. - Superfine From Behind Lady
2. World's Funkiest Band - I Feel Your Love
3. Eduardo Arujo & Silvinha - Opanige
4. Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin - Jane B
5. Annette Peacock - I'm The One
6. New Birth - Forever
7. Toppiks - Give It A Chance To Grow
8. Laura Lee - That's How It Is
9. Linda Perry - It's All In The Back Of Me Now
10. World's Funkiest Band - When You're Alone
11. Inez Foxx - Let Me Down Easy
12. Linda Jones - What Have I Done (To Make You Mad)
13. Nina Simone - Either Way I Lose
14. Gal Costa - Lost In The Paradise
15. Rotary Connection - Hangin' Round The Bee Tree
16. Edgar Broughton Band - Why Can't Somebody Love Me
17. White Noise - My Game Of Loving
18. Tarheel Slim & Little Ann - It's Too Late

ENJOY

No comments: